To become part of the Silva International Association schools are expected to comply with the set of management and teaching principles established in the Silva Association Management & Teaching Agreement and the Silva Guidelines.
Below are some of the key requirements:
· Qualifying Ranks:
Blue & Purple Belts will qualify to be a Silva Associate School
Brown & Black Belts will qualify to be a Silva Official School
· Monthly Due: All Silva BJJ Schools will be required to pay a monthly fee to maintain membership benefits.
· Uniforms: All students and instructors from Silva BJJ Schools are required to wear the Silva Fight Gear uniform.
· Belt System: All Silva BJJ Schools must follow the Silva Assocation Belt Promotion system.
· Seminars: All Silva BJJ Schools are required to host a minimum of 1 seminar annually as specified by the Silva Association Agreement.
· Dojo Rules: All Silva BJJ Schools are expected to follow the Dojo Rules provided by the Silva Association.
· Silva Guidelines: It is mandatory that all Silva BJJ Schools follow the Silva Association Guidelines:
- Identify with the Principles of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Lifestyle
- Silva International Membership
- Use of Silva Logo as approved by the Silva International Association
- Use of Silva Fight Gear uniform & products
- Use of Signs on School’s Walls
- Student’s Attendance Record System
- Silva Students Belt Promotion System
· Must have a business location where classes are offered