The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu lifestyle far extends the world of competition, it is a way of life that incorporates the art of self defense to promote individual growth of the body, mind and soul through dedication, perseverance, respect, loyalty, faith and gratefulness. In turn, this art gives much back to the dedicated instructors and their students as it encourages changes in the everyday lifestyle that impacts one’s understandings of friendships, familial bonds, health and morals.
The Silva BJJ Academies hold its members to the highest standards as it upholds the core principals of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu lifestyle.
· Dedication – Acknowledging that success requires hard and continuous training. In the world of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu repetition makes it perfect.
· Perseverance – Understanding that growth consists of both successes and struggles. Appreciating the overall experience and accepting that each struggle is an opportunity for greater growth.
· Respect – No discrimination of any kind is tolerated on or off the mat. Every member is expected to carry themselves with the upmost respect for themselves and for others regardless of race, creed, nationality, etc. Every member is reminded of the hierarchy of the art and respect towards higher belts is mandatory.
· Loyalty – Understanding that the optimal relationship between teacher, student, peer is one in which there is a shared allegiance to one another that is built on trust and reliability through time.
· Faith – To have faith in yourself and believe in the art of Jiu-Jitsu. The instructor will provide you with the tools, you will carve it.
· Gratefulness – To be grateful for everyday of your life on and off the mat. To be grateful for discovering the art of Jiu-Jitsu and the opportunity of growth that it gives you. To be grateful for those who teach you through instruction or practice in jiu-jitsu and in life.
The core principles of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu lifestyle have the power to change your understanding of life, of friendship, familial bonds and health. If you identify with our way then you belong at the Silva Academy.